View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 07:06 AM   #328
3rdFloor

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
I'm a bit... Surprised at the responses here.
I do agree with you, but I think the overall frustration comes from Jane Jensen fans considering the game is being treated with no respect at all. Personally, I couldn't care less about the delays. I'm 32 years old and I can wait all my life for this game, really it matters not.

What I do care about however, is proper and respectful handling of news and marketing. It truly hurts when you put a lot of heart and effort into something, and then see your publisher isn't bothered in the slightest about promoting that labor. And I speak on this as a young filmmaker who's had his share of troubled experiences with lazy distributors. They funded my projects and gave me good resources, but they never talked to any of their partners, dismissed important events, refused to update their website (which contained many obsolete information) with small trailers I sent, and they didn't found it necessary to properly announce the premiere night. As a result, no one from the press even showed. It was like "Er... guys? Why did you even fund me if you don't care about the project?"

So to me it all boils down to respect and proper representation of something you funded. Let me put it this way: dtp chose to publish Gray Matter, no one forced them to do so. And my message to them is this:

"Please show some care. This game is your little child now. For God's sake, love it and give it a hand, it needs you! It can't do it all by itself! Because in the end, and regardless of how good the game turns out to be, putting Jane Jensen's name on the box won't guarantee a safe return of your investment (with all due respect to you, Mrs. Jensen). Spread the word, update your websites, and allow Wizarbox to give interviews and share content with the fans."

Responsibility. Care. Love.