View Single Post
Old 08-23-2009, 02:02 AM   #324
UPtimist
Life and times of...

I'm a bit... Surprised at the responses here. I mean, I understand the frustration that some people have over not actually seeing anything that shows progress here and so on, but then it seems that some people are venting that frustration by aggressively announcing how the game will never be released, how stupid everyone who is developing the game is and so forth. The latter (here obviously exaggerated) still goes, it's just stating one's opinion (and hoping for achieving a change), but if you think this game is never going to be released, then why bother constantly battling those who do think it's going to be released at some point at least? Why is it so bad to have a little optimism? If you don't think there is a game then let those who have hope talk about it and just wait for there to actually be some news one way or the other. If you say once that you don't think it'll be made, fine, but there's absolutely nothing to be gained by going on to an endless debate about whether a trailer (and not much else) proves that the game will never be released or not.

I don't see what's so bad in living in a little hope. It's nice to have something good to look for in the future, even if the wait ends up being longer than expected or for vain.

And this is not Duke Nukem Forever, there's a huge difference here. Saying what has happened to DNF doesn't automatically apply to Gray Matter. Obviously you can make comparisons, but I don't see how you can just say: "DNF never will be made, so Gray Matter will never be made."
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
Then why, based on this disappointingly weak trailer, is Anaconda/DTP/whateverpublisher not treating it as one?
How should we know?

Though I don't see this as "the mother of all AGs". Perhaps the mother of all AGs of this decade... The mother of all AGs was obviously GK 3