View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 10:15 AM   #20
The Seed
Irritant F0rum Beasty

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreaDraco83 View Post

First, the last case, Rise from the Ashes. I found it really boring and unnecessary long (the whole part with Meekins was just plain dull, in my opinion), and it only gets better near the end, during the last day of trial. My problem with it is that it felt too exaggerated, too convoluted for its own sake and it bordered dangerously on completely unbelievable and far-fetched. Plus, I must admit that, as much as I liked Ema, I missed Maya

The previous four cases are good and the fourth one, the one about Edgeworth, is really great: I enjoyed it immensely. And this brings up another point: I absolutely adore Edgeworth!
I actually have really fond memories of the bonus case, in fact it's probably what just edges the first game above Trials & Tribulations for me. The extended length didn't bother me at all, maybe because I was enjoying the game so much I just didn't want it to end. I also really appreciated the improved production values and technical features: the part with the video evidence of the locker room where you hade to examine it frame by frame to find the hidden evidence particulalry impressed me. And of course who could forget...The Blue Badger!!!

I have to agree about case four though, maybe my favourite case in the whole series. It was the first case that added that extra layer of depth in terms of character and storytelling, and featured the most sinister and pure wicked villain in Ace Attorney history. And it probably had some of the best comedy moments as well, courtesy of Larry Butz on the witness stand (although if I remember rightly I think he even surpasses himself with his testimony in the final case of Trials & Tribulations - and Edgworths reaction of sheer horror.)

The Seed accepts no responsibility for any damage that my have been caused to your Hard Drive as a result of viewing this post!