Thread: Audio Files
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2009, 03:34 AM   #67
UPtimist
Life and times of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hammerite View Post
This is something that I made using a guitar, Ableton Live's MIDI sampler thing, drums pilfered and tinkered with from 'Farewell, Farewell' by Gravenhurst, and Goldwave for extra monging of noises.
http://www.mediafire.com/?2myn3fnmjey

What does y'all think?
It's certainly got the atmosphere right! Maybe after the part around 2:00 and forth (where there's just that one sighing sound) you could up the drums etc. a little and maybe add some slight melody, with a guitar or some instrument that doesnt stand out too much... But as I said, nice atmospheric clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squinky View Post
You can hear the final product here. I'm quite proud of it; my musical ability, particularly on brass, hasn't ever been at a level where I've been confident enough to do real recordings, up until now. Here's hoping there will be more...
Wonderful, just wonderful

Gah, I need a mic now...

So I can come and float up there with the rest of you guys.

I have a couple of songs I've created, but I have no way of recording them. Well, I could loan a mic, from a friend but it's a bit more difficult than it sounds... And I could even try to do some improvisational thing with the piano, since I recently discovered some great ways to make it sound really nice (without ever actually learning to play).

Then we should do a "1 Giant Leap" kind of thing, where we make song together, everyone doing something that fits with the rest and so on, and someone compiles it into a song