View Single Post
Old 08-11-2009, 04:39 AM   #1012
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent

Positives:

+ Very good graphics
+ Voice acting is well done
+ Great and fun stealth gameplay - it's fun playing a secret/double agent who's working undercover to infiltrate a terrorist organization. And since the first Splinter Cell, it never gets tiring to sneak up on unsuspecting enemies and taking them out. I love getting their attention with a whistle and grabbing them from within the shadows. Adding to this...
+ There are a few more gadgets to use to get target's personal information/DNA or to hack into safes/computers etc. Some mini-games have even been added.
+ Very good music - it seems to play subtly in some parts of the game. I like this from the intro and especially this from the credits.
+ The 'Trust Gauge' is a nice feature. Depending on the choices you make, it could affect your employers' trust. Certain situations, later in the game, may change. As well as obtaining...
+ Different endings
+ Accomplishing all your required tasks, especially the ones with stars next to them, unlocks bonus/extra equipment.

Negatives:

- Sluggish frame-rates and screen tearing seem to be quite persistent throughout.
- Unless you have a super High Definition TV, it's quite difficult to make anything out on the mini map that you can enable in the bottom left hand corner.
- The plot is average. Nothing award winning here.
- A number of the mini games don't have any tutorials or explanations. One in particular confused the hell out of me, even with a guide.
- The game feels a bit on the short side
- Multiplayer isn't particularly engaging or interesting imo.
- A few minor bugs which involved enemies getting stuck
- A few times when i've tried to load a saved game, from within the game, it's taken me straight back to the main menu instead.

Overall: 4/5
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour