Thread: I hate puzzles.
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2009, 03:40 AM   #81
skeeter_93
UnseenUniversity Graduate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadWolf View Post
Okay, it took me two hours this evening to do the Slider Puzzle from Hell™ in Art of Murder 2. I HATE the Slider Puzzle from Hell!™ In fact, I can't think of anything I hate more. Why does it even exist?! What a lazy excuse for a puzzle it is!

Come on, game designers! Can't you come up with something else than that 4x4 grid sent from the bowels of the Devil's homeland?! I swear, that was the last time I dealt with its damned sliding nightmare and the resulting headache that ensues.

I also hate slider puzzles, mostly because I just can't do them! Something in my brain seems to prevent me from working out which direction to go to line them up. I end up going round and round until I accidentally fix it. And since Nancy Drew unfortunately seems to love sliders, I see a lot of them. I did find something that helps though...(gotta love google) Apparently the best way to tackle sliders is to start from the top left corner. Set that piece correctly, then the three around it (so the 4 squares in the top left corner are correct). Then continue the blocks around the square until you are done. I don't really know how this works, but it's cut my slider puzzling time in half...