View Single Post
Old 07-26-2009, 08:28 PM   #3540
Trunkyo
Beamin' Demon

Send a message via AIM to Trunkyo Send a message via MSN to Trunkyo Send a message via Yahoo to Trunkyo

My sister and I (along with a friend's daughter) also went to see HP and the Half-Blood Prince yesterday. It was enjoyable enough (not as good as Goblet of Fire or Chamber of Secrets but better than Order of the Phoenix and Prisoner of Azkaban.) Being the only one who actually read all the books, I wound up having to explain to the others what was changed or left out. The teen drama and angst didn't bother me as much, although Lavender Brown's behaviour was too TGGG ("Teenage Giggly Girl Groupie") for me.

Jim Broadbent was excellent as Horace Slughorn, although I had imagined him looking more rotund with a bushy mustache (like in Topsy Turvy). Then again, I always pictured Dame Edna as Rita Skeeter! Oh well.

The part where
Spoiler:
Draco disarmed Dumbledore
happened so fast that most people are going to forget by HP8 just how important this seemingly insignificant act will be! (Yes, there's going to be a HP8, since Deathly Hallows will be split into two films.) Even the part where the Half-Blood Prince was revealed felt rushed ("BTW, I'm the HBP... see ya!" )

I'll also echo everyone else about too many characters not having enough screen time (Lupin, Tonks, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley, Neville, Prof. McGonagall. etc.)