View Single Post
Old 07-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #55
gray pierce

Story !

Despite the fact that they're not movies I stll think the story is the most important part. If the story doesn't interest me I don't buy it.

A trailer might help, games with an mediocre and uninterresting story usely have a common trailer.

If the game's from a developer that disapointed me in the past I will also be reluctant to buy.

And finally of course action, A little bit of action is annoying but not to tiresome, in fact my all time favorite : Broken Sword - The Sleeping Dragon has got a few of them, but if there's to much I usely won't buy as was the case with for instance Fahrenheit

Reviews are a good help to but only to a certain extend. I agree mostly as to whether it is a good or bad game but as to how good ar bad it is I tend to disagree

This goes as far as for most genre's. However I should add that I'm not a fan of the fantasy genre though if the story's really good like for instance with TLJ I might buy anyway.

Also I don't like horror to much except for when you call Still Life of The Awakened horror wich I don't