View Single Post
Old 07-21-2009, 03:54 PM   #35
Marduk

Location: You want to know where I live? Are you some kind of stalker?
Send a message via MSN to Marduk Send a message via Yahoo to Marduk

Sorry for the necro-bump but I found it interesting, so...

The most likely reason for me not to be any Adventure Games is a lack of indication that it actually is one. I have noticed a pattern in the descriptions from the backs of the boxes but there's still nothing that says "This is an adventure game". Plus, many shops and web sites will put games that are quite definitely not adventure games, plat formers and games such as GTA, etc, into the adventure game section because somebody who clearly doesn't know better has told them to put it there.

There are so many reviews on different gaming sites which fail to mention ANYWHERE in their description that it's an AG. It might, from time to time, mention it has a 'Point & Click' interface... but still it's quite rare that they do.

After that I'd have to say my second reason to avoid buying any AG is because it's from the same makers as 'Runaway: A Road Adventure' for the truly terrible dialogue and script (a Spanish member confirmed that the Spanish version was also bad).

The final reason would be on similar lines. I wouldn't buy an AG if it happened to be made by Sumo Digital, after the unspeakable horror that was "Broken Sword: The Angel of Death".