View Single Post
Old 07-08-2009, 10:35 AM   #68
Jake
The Dartmaster

Send a message via ICQ to Jake Send a message via MSN to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno_Malta View Post
This graphic intensity that this episode seems to demand looks troubling to me. The early games (S&M) were pretty and were not that demanding.
I hope that Telltale fix that with a patch or improve this one the next episodes. I bought a notebook just to play Adventure games and since none of them are too demanding the hardware specs are not that high. I am worried with Tales tought...from what i read i will suffer to run this one with good graphics.
Any one can tell me how is the difference from high to low? I mean, is it that much different?
That is the point of the "Graphics Quality" slider in the graphics settings screen. If you dial it all the way down to between "1" - "3," it's about the same as playing Sam & Max with the "high quality" button turned off. The difference is that the lighting gets less detailed, there are no fancy after effects like glow and soft focus, etc, and less graphics smoothing, but the game still works well! And "4" - "6" is about the same as "high quality" in Sam & Max. "7" - "9" are modes which include the special fx stuff we started using in Wallace & Gromit (the aforementioned soft focus, glow, etc). The game tries to scale itself to your video card settings. It will inevitably be a little more demanding than Sam & Max or Wallace & Gromit, just because there is more going on in a scene than in Sam & Max -- we're trying to make the worlds alive instead of so static with lots of animation and details -- but they should be reasonably close for most people, if you adjust the settings.

"I was one of the original lovers." - Evan Dickens