View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 08:11 PM   #3518
Not A Speck Of Cereal
The Major Grubert.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Well I would say that DS9 is the best of the recent series. It's not without it's problems but I prefered it to the Next Generation and Voyager.

It is the only one that has a ongoing plot arc and doesn't use the magic reset button after every episode. It's less morally good with it sitting on the darker side of Trek.
I didn't finish DS9 due to it's ongoing soap-opera development of its characters, so tell me: did they every come full circle in respect to Sisko being the emissary? That would be the only arc that I would like to see resolved in that series. If it did, good for them.

I admit that TNG injected several arcs that they did not finish, so-called conspiracies in the Federation that they never resolved. Thank Bergman for that. Yet they still had the best individual EPs, judged on an EP by EP basis.

But Voyager was a total win in that area. It a was absolutely a wrap--the season ended up finishing the mission of returning home. In many ways, this was the only ST series that did that, including TOS (which fell well short of their so-called 5 year mission).