View Single Post
Old 07-07-2009, 12:12 AM   #45
Matan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucien21 View Post
Some people are just never happy whatever you do.

Lucasarts for years was under management that was only interested in Star Wars and ignored their back catalogue. Now they have a CEO who is an known adventure game fan and is happy to start doing stuff with their old IP's.

They are remaking MI, gave telltale the MI license to play with, releasing some of their old games for a new market and most probably coming out with Ipod versions at some point (the CEO more or less announced it with a nod, nod wink wink comment).

It's good to see Lucasarts acknowledge their back catalogue and giving it some love.

It's a good start.
*hmph* it's really annoying these days that you can't complain about anything without being regarded as a common internet troll. I'm really glad about Lucasarts giving telltale the license to do a new monkey island (and I can't wait for it to be released already!). I'm also pretty happy regarding the new version of Monkey Island 1 (although it's not as exciting for me, since I already have the old version and I'm pretty much happy with it).

These news regarding Steam... can't see the excitement in that. Nice of Lucasarts to acknowledge their back catalogue, but they're not really giving it too much love since as Tobacco said this has zero manufacturing cost.