View Single Post
Old 07-06-2009, 10:16 PM   #39
Matan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake View Post
How can this at all be considered a bad idea? LucasArts has been sitting on an amazing back catalog for decades, and now that they release them people are somehow unhappy about it? Amazing.

If the offerings don't interest you, ignore them. The Steam re-releases aren't killing babies or clubbing seals or something, they're simply passively existing, available for anyone to purchase. Again, how is this bad?
I didn't say this idea hurts anyone, just that I do not understand this decision marketing-wise. My prediction is that this would prove to be a bad idea as these games will not sell, but I would love to be found wrong.

Of course I am generally happy to see Lucasarts showing some love to its classic titles. It's just that I feel like this love is going to the wrong channels. In any case this news does not relate in any way directly to me, as I already have all the original games.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tabacco
Well, feel free to not buy it, I guess, but the rest of us are pretty excited. I'll happily pick up LOOM and FOA on Steam, plus maybe some others.
Actually, they said the released Loom version would be the CD-ROM one. If you haven't played the floppy-disk version yet, then I strongly recommend that you play it first - I really didn't like the new graphic style of the CD version, plus they removed some of the dialogs and puzzles.