View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 05:06 PM   #13
Jehane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niaboc View Post
I just ordered these games, what do you think.

dracula origin
dracula 3: path of the dragon
the lost crown
a vampyre story
gabriel knight
sherlock holmes: the awakened
Dracula: Origin is pretty average; it starts off very good, with a gloomy cemetary and gothic atmosphere but deteriorates as you progress. Plus the ending is really, really lame.

Dracula 3 was a good game even though some puzzles were really hard to solve; the story sometimes was obscured a little by the hard puzzles but all in all, I really liked this game. Nice atmosphere, very nice graphics.

Gabriel Knight is still my favourite adventure game series. If you love good storytelling, well-developed characters and nicely done puzzles, this is the game for you. All three games in the series are wonderful; there's nothing better - not even Broken Sword

Sherlock Holmes: nice gloomy atmosphere, characters were a bit flat sometimes (and I just hated Watson standing in my way every time I turned around); controls take some time getting used to. I thought the story was interesting enough though I still lament the fact that you don't get to see what happens when you fail.

The other games I haven't played yet but Lost Crown is supposed to be an excellent game