View Single Post
Old 06-10-2009, 07:32 AM   #15
crabapple

The Dig -- I'd like to see it with graphics to match the grandeur of the soundtrack.

For comedy-type games, I'm OK with the old, pixellated graphics, and may even prefer them. But for more serious games, I'd like graphics that are a bit more realistic. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade (adventure version) and Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis would be examples from LucasArts. From Sierra, Gabriel Knight 1 and 3, (though arguably GK3 needs an update even more than GK1 -- GK1 may be pixellated, but GK3 has that ugly angular early 3D look). If they could increase the resolution of GK2 without replacing the filmed actors, that would be great. Shadow of the Comet is another game that might benefit from an update (and I see Lupin also mentioned it). I'm unsure about the King's Quest games, but KQ4 would certainly benefit from having better skin tones -- Rosella is a bit too rosy.

Games that rely heavily on the environment rather than character interaction would probably benefit most from more realistic graphics. Imagine "RealRiven" with lighting and weather effects. And Morpheus -- every time I replay it I have to adapt myself to the low resolution of the graphics, and I'm sure some people never adapt.

The Cryo games would probably benefit most from a different type of update -- better puzzles. For example, despite that I liked Atlantis 2 a lot, and that higher resolutions and weather/lighting effect would make it more attractive, it's biggest problem was that some of its puzzles just made no sense at all. Same with Faust.