View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 04:26 PM   #25
Gonzosports
never stops believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Asp View Post
Well, maybe you should play the original. Maybe the original should be sold in stores again so you should get an idea of what it's like. And trust me, the voice actors of Sam and Max in that game actually put effort into voicing their characters. Why both of them were denied the opportunity to voice those characters in the new series is a mystery to me.

So don't tell me the new one is better if you haven't played the other one as well.
I HAVE NEVER SAID THE NEW ONE IS BETTER. In fact you quote me saying I don't know if the new one is better. I HAVE NO IDEA, what I'm saying is it doesn't make much commercial/artistic/economic/continuity sense to make a new "alternative" one when there is a Sam & Max that is doing well. (I just realized I've said this in one form or another four times now.)

Sheesh.

I will probably play the original, and look forward to it. There's a ton of other games I have to get to first, though - which is why I haven't got to season 2 of the current S&M series.

It'd be great if they would re-release the original, but again, I think the current business dynamic (ie, many current games aren't even getting boxed due to production costs and the ability for people to just download games) prevents this from being a reasonable option. Also, piracy doesn't help - I'm sure many people view the game as abandonware, and if they really want to play it, will do so.