View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 01:20 PM   #18
Gonzosports
never stops believin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad Asp View Post
But I still don't think any of the data from that cancelled game should go to waste. I don't think that game should be thrown under the bus in favor of just all-new material. I think Bill Farmer and Nick Jameson worked too hard and put too much heart and soul into voicing Sam and Max to have their voicework cast aside in favor of second-rate people no one's ever heard of. I think both Lucasarts and Telltale should actually work on that game for the people who want to play it, because the Sam and Max fanbase does not consist entirely of people who want to play only the new games.

Please don't misunderstand me.
I mean no offense, but what you're saying doesn't make much sense. Sam & Max is alive and thriving, and I'm sorry you don't like the current flavor, but from what i gather the episodic-style with the new cast/writers is obviously doing pretty well as a business model (which is why they're applying it to Monkey Island, Wallace/Gromit, Strong Bad, etc etc).

They have the rights and this is how they think they can make the most effective profit/quality product with it. I'm always amazed how people don't realize game design is a business, and that their livelihoods depend on making money with these games. The adventure game market has changed, and thanks to episodic games, and adventurous concepts and ideas like David Cages and the tons of independent producers, has in many ways evolved to survive in a difficult economic and gaming climate.

I'm sorry you don't like the new version - I've never played the original, but I love the new episodes, and probably I'm very much the market.

The reason I said your idea doesn't make sense is that it's almost like saying, hey, the Star Wars prequels suck, can we get someone to do another version that's more like Ep IV-VI? (If only this were possible) That's not going to happen, these people own the rights to Sam & Max, have brought them back from the dead, and have chosen a new re-tooled format, they're moving on with Sam & Max.

And I think we should, too.