View Single Post
Old 06-03-2009, 05:13 AM   #10
Roper Klacks

I am a bit disapointed with Valve. No episode 3 and instead they anounce a sequel to a game released 7 months ago. I cant stop feeling ripped off by those 50€ i payed for the 1st game. That new stuff that is going to be in this game could easily be incorporated as a payed expantion pack for the first game, at least to us PC Gamers, thats why they made the Source Engine (easy to update and incorporate new stuff) and Steam (easy to update).

The lack of support for L4D was really a huge setback, the game had so much potential. I'm now reluctant to buy this game. How can i be sure that they will not make the same mistakes again? The 1st one was extremely expensive for the very low ammount of content (they promissed us new campaigns), had almost no support and was replaced by a sequel a year later. I dont want to make the same mistake again.

And i dont know if this was the right move for them. Right now we have millions of HL fans waiting (for two years now) for the conclusion of HL2, instead they lauch a sequel to a game where most of the fans were happy with, and just wanted more content to keep playing the game.

I know thats the way the industry works, but that was not the Valve way of doing things. I loved how their multiplayer games last for so long time with a lot of support. I understand that they need to make money but i cant stop feeling that my trust in them got a bit shaken with this (and i didn't forgot the 1$=1€ issue on Steam)