View Single Post
Old 06-02-2009, 07:15 AM   #8
kadji-kun
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gazzoid View Post
Awesome.

As i've already mentioned, Valve/Turtle Rock Studios may as well have just released add-ons (weapons, new playable characters, new enemies etc.) and new maps to the first Left 4 Dead. But yeah, a sequel was pretty inevitable. Either way, i'll definitely be getting this. Can't wait for some more zombie killing. I can't wait to put that chainsaw and frying pan to good use. And i'm intrigued by the A.I. Director 2.0. Nice to see that there'll be weather changes this time around.
If they did that then all the new engine features will have to be added to the current campaign and maps. Its not like its just a couple of new maps and such. Its a whole new game using a heavily modified engine.

If that doesn't reckon a new game, then one could say every game should just be an addon for another. Its not your say on what they should or shouldn't do, not to mention you know nothing about the decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intrepid Homoludens View Post
The developer is Turtle Rock Studio, and Valve is the publisher. So it looks to be an excellent collaboration, a talented studio under the aegis of the high quality veteran game company most famous for the Half-Life franchise.

I bet that the actual development team at Valve is working on the next Half-Life 2 episode, and possibly conceiving the next Half-Life game.

Valve is simply being just....well, Valve, as you stated! LOL!

Actually the game is made by Valve. A while ago Turtle Rock Studio was bought by Valve. Now its called 'Valve South'. Also, the original Left 4 Dead was made by Valve South, not valve. So there is no difference there.