View Single Post
Old 05-30-2009, 11:46 PM   #17
stepurhan
Freeware Co-ordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by imisssunwell View Post
also technical details for banning when you use custom firmware are not too important imho, it's not hard to find indeed but the important part of the story is they seem quite strict and impose bans to users who do it.
I'm sure they are very strict about imposing bans. The reason I was curious abuot the need for modchips is because, as far as I can see, Xbox (and PS3 for that matter) games come on discs. I'm sure pirating would involve a bit more than just copying the contents of a legitimate disc on to another one. However, once you've managed to create a copy that mimics the original disc, why would firmware modifications be necessary? As I said, probably a heavily technical point but I would be interested in finding out if anyone knows the reason or can point me in the right direction to find out for myself.
Quote:
No quotes should had been used there indeed, my bad, in my defense huge block of text can help the creation of errata during their processing.
I know what you mean. No harm done though (the modified version wasn't a gross misrepresentation anyway, more of a subtle distinction)
No Nonsense Nonsonnets #43

Cold Topic

A thread most controversial, that’s what I want to start
Full of impassioned arguments, of posting from the heart
And for this stimulation all will be thankful to me
On come on everybody it won’t work if you agree