View Single Post
Old 05-29-2009, 05:31 AM   #11
nomadsoul

PS3 isnt cracked yet, and its quite difficult. There are 4 things to crack actually including seventh processor whose SDK isn't even given to developers.They can only use 6 SPUs.

I have been to pirate countries and played pirates all my life, untill PS3. Had arguments with friends, they always made claims of PS3 piracy, i had bets with them , always winning uptill now. Its always easy to isolate pirates with firm wares. PSP fought it with firmwares to the extent that pirates themselves got bored. A normal causal guy cant give his console again and again to the shop for modification(psp case). Well hardcore teenagers who can crack firmware themselves will do so with the ehlp of online tutorials, but they are few and got bored themselves. DS is full of pirates, with ROMS easily distributed, NINTENDO is trying to figure way out of this by new DSi ting. DS priacy is easy and roms are so small in size that you can put 10 games at once in 1 GB stick.

As far as 360 goes, they are doing it on purpose to sell more consoles in ASIA(and majority asian coutires cant afford 60$ games on whim and fancy), however in NA and Euro if you connect to Live with modded console, you get banned, millions were banned.
So, as long as there is firmware updates and Online check for multiplayer/coop , there is way to avoid it easily.

Thats why i never played online on 360, i have modded 360, all games downloaded by shopkeepers, smuggled from malaysia and china. But for PS3 i pay, since there is no alternative.

You are getting too technical, 90% or not, more than 60% is absolute majority technically, it doesn't matter if its 90%, what matters is ID and Epic, who were PC ho's are now console dogs.
They are accepting it themselves, and developer in the end will go for profits, and console is more profit. All i can do is to quote developers own statements like Infinityward guy, he isn't happy , like others. Its more about whether it has changed attitude or not, IT HAS, so fighting over numbers isn't important(which i have pointed , its not like business stock shares where you will ever get absolutely correct stats, this is as far as you can go, after all i am too getting my stats form net, lol).