View Single Post
Old 05-26-2009, 05:25 PM   #3464
Henke
Headbanger

Angels and Demons
I don't think it managed to capture the extreme tension from the book, there were some extremely good moments but it didn't really make it all the way. It got a little to bombastic at places where it didn't need to be. The ending was a little to clear on which characters that were suppose to be good or bad in this highly controversial conflict. But the movie is gorgeous and still really good. Looking forward to read and eventually see the next book/movie.

Död snö (Dead Snow)
Extremely fun Norwegian gore-movie about nazis that comes back to life as zombies and starts attacking a couple of people in a cottage. This one is nearly up there at the top with the Evil Dead-series and Braindead.

The Woman In Black
An older British TV-movie that is rather slow-paced which makes you literally crap yourself when the few scary scenes finally comes. Hard to come by but recommended (especially if you liked The Lost Crown).

Necronomicon
Three short stories based on H.P. Lovecraft, with Jeffrey Combs as the author himself. One of the stories is directed by Christophe Gans (the director behind Le pacte des loups and Silent Hill). Overall a rather good (and varied) movie-adaption of Lovecraft.

Natural Born Killers
I haven't seen this one in years. A really adrenaline pumping action-movie about how media (mostly the depiction of violence) reflects society and vice versa. Uses some really interesting film forms like black and white, animation, actual commercials, TV-sitcoms and moviescreens (as backdrops).

Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull
I saw this one again and I'm beginning to change my opinion. If you totally forget about the ending and most things connected with it, the movie isn't all that bad. It's not nearly as good as the old ones but still all right IMO. I'm also starting to really looking forward to Staff of Kings. I'm finally hoping for a game that is at least nearly as good as Fate of Atlantis. I recently discovered that my version of FoA is busted BTW, I guess the disc finally had to give in.

Last edited by Henke; 05-26-2009 at 08:08 PM.