View Single Post
Old 05-22-2009, 11:49 AM   #183
MikeLXXXVIII

Send a message via MSN to MikeLXXXVIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Ukulele? Really?

Man, I want an ukulele... It's just that of course if you would get it, it wouldn't just be about practicing (that I don't have a problem with), but I would also have to learn to play it (as it certainly is not a guitar)...

And of course I'd have to buy the thing, which is a bit of an obstacle too (as I would not just get some random cheap toy, instruments are not toys ). You can't get good instruments for cheap, no matter how small

It is very similar to guitar I would say, if you can play any string instrument you should pick one. Personally I try out things myself and avoid lessons.
But if you want to go towards more of a guitar style, a baritone Ukulele would be perfect due to the fact that its tuned exacly like guitar (supposely it works great to play jazz music on), compared to the others where the 3 of the strings have the same tuning. My ukulele costed around 50 - 60 pounds so you can get it very cheap. An instrument is good no matter price, aslong as its not broken!

I will upgrade though to a 300/400 dollar tenor ukulele soon when my sister is in the US for holidays.

Well in the future I will invest in "toy" instruments since they have unique sounds!....

Last edited by MikeLXXXVIII; 05-22-2009 at 11:55 AM.