View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 06:36 PM   #91
Intrepid Homoludens
merely human

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgeorge View Post
Just want folks to know that I'm do like AG's. I keep trying new ones but it seems every time I do, I'm disappointed in one way or the other...

I'm not talking about reinventing the wheel here. Just something different from the same ol same ol.
If you have some time please read my 4 part essay (also linked in my post above). I don't mean to sound self-promoting but everything I have to say on the matter is in those essays and many of the points I make may resonate with yours.

I've said everything I can about the adventure game genre in the essays (published in '05), and what I find interesting is that after all these years things really haven't changed, at least to the degree where a game like Still Life 2 or Return To Mysterious Island 2 receives as much media coverage and commercial attention as Fallout 3 or Bioshock.
platform: laptop, iPhone 3Gs | gaming: x360, PS3, psp, iPhone, wii | blog: a space alien | book: the moral landscape: how science can determine human values by sam harris | games: l.a.noire, portal 2, brink, dragon age 2, heavy rain | sites: NPR, skeptoid, gaygamer | music: ray lamontagne, adele, washed out, james blake | twitter: a_space_alien