View Single Post
Old 05-18-2009, 04:58 AM   #85
imisssunwell

@nomadsoul,

I agree, regarding good stories, while not a big shooter fan myself, I will be playing Bioshock, I have had very good feedback on it *regarding the story* and I liked the visuals when I played at a friends house. It will be the 3rd shooter to play overall and I have been playing games since 1987 (my first pc w00t 8088!). A good story is a key element of most good games these days, while I'd rather not play a shooter (nothing against them, just not my cup of tea), if the good story is there that's where I'll go.
Regarding audio/visuals, any game is an an interactive audio/vidual experience, if the visuals/audio are not strong it losses a lot of potential. When the interaction is weakened by making it linear, sticking to PnC interface etc it losses another ton of potential.
I hope HR turns out to be as good as we expect it to be and set a new bar of standards for AGs, I think the genre needs a game to make an impression and above all raise the expectations from AGs, like eg. Baldur's Gate did with rpgs which were dying.