View Single Post
Old 04-15-2004, 12:20 PM   #10
Maquisard
Citizen of Bizarro World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird
Some game on Amiga I saw when I visited a friend. It had this wonderful intro.
You saw a car arriving at some kind of lab where there was a particle accelerator or something. After that, there was some kind of accident which made the main character travel through time or something. (all very vague, but it's been a while).
I know that game! "Another World" was its name. That intro was amazing, for the time. The first time I saw it was also on an Amiga, my cousin's. The game itself, IMHO was also non-stop wonderment and amazement at the world you're visiting and its inhabitants. Thanks for reminding me of that one. Very worthy of the "jaw dropping" category. Especially, and I don't know if anyone else remembers this, at the begining of the game, running away from the black lion. I think I can safely say those were some of the most suspenseful and exciting moments in my gaming experience, ever, period.

-Beating Jaffar in Prince of Persia. The back and forth swordplay, ending with a sattisfactory stab (12 times)--also immensely exciting.

-Hearing the wonderful song "Ochi Charnie" (means "black eyes" in Russian and Serbian) in Syberia.
Under land of no free! Am us home coward-leeee!

~Excerpt from the Bizarro Anthem