Thread: I hate puzzles.
View Single Post
Old 05-09-2009, 09:50 AM   #45
Jadefalcon

Send a message via ICQ to Jadefalcon Send a message via MSN to Jadefalcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeJee View Post
I recently played the latest Sherlock Holmes game and Dracula: Origin. Everything goes well until they plunge me into a frustrating mess of weight and measuring puzzles.
An example of a small series of puzzles that to me is well executed is in the old EA Sherlock Holmes game Rose Tattoo. Holmes and Watson are invited by Holmes brother, Mycroft to the Diogenes club. The place erupts in an explosion and Mycroft is seriously injured. Holmes locks himself away in his room disconsolate.

As Watson first off you must search the wreckage of the club to find anything suspicious and bluff your way past a rather snooty Matron at St Barts hospital to try and talk to Mycroft. What you find spurs Holmes to action. The puzzles fit with the goal and aren't too frustrating as well as being fairly logical. That to me is a puzzle in a game done right.