Thread: I hate puzzles.
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2009, 02:00 PM   #36
loobylou26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonzosports View Post
I have not played The Path, but might check it out.

I am surprised you are able to pigeonhole movies/novels= entertainment while games = challenge.
tbh pigeonholing serves a as a huge help for me, i dont have much time to be able to dedicate to playing games or watching movies etc, so knowing im not about to sit down to a movie that turns out to be a game is a huge help to me. in todays society most people seem to be willing to get their "fixes" in as an uncomplicated form as possible

Quote:
I think all mediums at their best, offer all three. I just saw Primer the other night - have you seen it? It's not the best movie of all-time (I actually like Timecrimes more) but it's a perfect blend of all of those. In fact, Primer offers more of a challenge than any game...well, since Riven.
no i havent seen it although i will defo have a look as i find the reviews on imdb interesting and it defo seems like my kind of film. regardless i will still be watching a movie despite any complexity

Quote:
I do not undertstand any contention that the thematic narrative is not the central character to the best video games. That the tools to tell that story should remain subservient, that anytime that is not true, you are essentially playing shanghai. or tetris. Which are both challenging
again we quibble over whether a game is defined by the story or the puzzles. i agree wholeheartedly that a decent storyline can benefit a game although i believe that the gameplay is what keeps the game alive. and i could forgo the story quite easily in the instance u mentioned TETRIS no story needed etc x

Last edited by stepurhan; 05-08-2009 at 08:55 PM. Reason: Fixing quotes