View Single Post
Old 05-03-2009, 07:50 AM   #35581
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPtimist View Post
Why is it that in animations (such as the SW: Clone Wars, for example (having that example because it's not totally made for children)), things that would be seen as huge clichés and really horrible decisions by anybody (be it the director or a writer or an actor) are not only seen as more than acceptable, but actually are the industry standard? All these annoying little (or not so little) moves and lines and expressions and exaggerations that would be laughed at were they in an "actual" movie. And yet they're everywhere in many animations, and nobody thinks nothing of it. And I'm not even talking about anime or the likes, they're already super-hyper-way-beyond-the-border-of-annoying level in here, which is mainly the reason I cannot stand it, and I guess the fans love it just because it's so freaking annoying (and fake-cute (a term that works better in Finnish)) you want to, well, this: (not only pound your head to a wall, but beat yourself with The Frying pan at the same time).

And now someone would say "but they're not the same kind of movies", but then why do some try to be? They try to be serious flicks and yet they can't even manage to not fall into the most obvious trap there is, so obvious that it's not even a trap, but a hole on the ground with spikes in the bottom fenced in every direction by impenetrable warnings regarding the very hole, and yet the filmmakers insist on going straight in there, head first.

Not all animations, but most made with at least a slight monetary interest in mind.

I am not quite sure what you are referring to. Are you referring to exaggerations in the style, or in the way things are said, for example?

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!