View Single Post
Old 05-01-2009, 02:53 PM   #22
colpet
Easily amused

Quote:
@colpet There is nothing wrong with casual gaming, in fact, imho gaming should never become a second non-paying job. Many purely casual games like Prince of Persia and Zelda have advanced in many directions, making the games more enjoyable without spoiling the spirit of the game series. I just wish AG could evolve in that spirit, I don't want AG to become shooters but to evolve.
No offense, but you missed my point. I enjoy puzzles, the more the merrier. Puzzle dense adventures are becoming less popular, hence I've been playing casual games to get my fix. I have plenty of spare time to enjoy adventures, I just don't have a lot of choice these days.

As to evolution of adventures, I'm also in the camp of the less change the better, otherwise you lose the essence of what an adventure is supposed to be. There's probably room for improvement in the writing of games (as mentioned before), but for myself I prefer puzzles and gameplay over story. No action, only mouse controls, few as few characters as possible, lots of solitary exploration and no dialogue. That is my prefered game. Admittedly, I'm on one side of the adventure spectrum, but I'm not here to change your mind, I'm just adding my opinion to the thread.