View Single Post
Old 04-25-2009, 01:33 PM   #35362
Trumgottist
Game Creator Hobbyist

Well, you were right. As a teacher, most free time is compressed into the school breaks, with little time in-between. Add to that some music in the free time I do have. For a while, I didn't feel I had any time left for games, and as a consequence, I stopped visiting this forum. (But always with the intent to return to both.)

I did some game related things at Christmas, but since that's not really a season for sitting alone with a computer, it wasn't enough to gain momentum. During the "sport break" (Swedish schools have one week off during late winter), I got the Sludge porting project* moving, but once again had to stop after the break. During Easter, I got most of the important things running, making it easier to pick up a little bit now and then, and I have since been able to do bits and pieces now and then. I also got the ball rolling again on the sequel to Frasse.

It doesn't look like I'll be doing any programming this weekend, though. I spent today attending the performance of a musical (Mind the Gap) created by colleagues of mine and students, and then I sat in the warm sun with a soprano saxophone and a tuba and enjoyed the wonderful weather. (A first touch of the Summer to come!)

* The Sludge porting project. I'm making progress on getting the Sludge adventure game engine (that powers Frasse) to run on Mac OS. I'm documenting my progress of Sludge on Mac OS elsewhere, so you can read about that there if you like, but be warned that you probably won't understand a lot of the details unless you have some familiarity with the engine.

--

I see you have fed the Thread™ well in my absence, so that it wouldn't die before I kill it.

Last edited by Trumgottist; 04-25-2009 at 01:44 PM.