View Single Post
Old 03-15-2009, 02:12 PM   #113
MystGirl
Occasionally around...

Send a message via Yahoo to MystGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by TiAgUh View Post
^How cheerful

Saw the movie yesterday and I have to say it was quite good, even the person who went with me liked it and she doesn't even like anything with super-heroes.
Its not as good like the graphic novel (of course) it had some cons like the music which sometimes was hilarious, Ozzy kinda sucked and wtf is wrong with Nixon's nose?

Other than that Rorschach, the Comedian, Dr. Man and Nite Owl were perfect (only N.Owl's costume was 'meh'), the fight scenes were awesome and violent as hell . There were some changes in the story of course but nothing too significant, and the "different ending" everyone was talking about wasn't so different (or bad) after all.

Better then DarkKnight? In my opinion Yes, it's better then the overrated DK and its incomplete Joker . Go see Watchmen.

Also, you have to see this - Saturday Morning Cartoon Watchmen Brilliant!

I thought the actor who played Rorschach was excellent. I keep forgetting his name but he's been great in some other movies. He played a neighborhood pedophile in the movie Little Children. I thought all the other actors they picked to play everyone else were good too. I've seen and liked all of these other actors in other movies. (I'm blanking on names though, and too lazy to look all of them up.)

I though the movie was great. I enjoyed the graphic novel, but honestly, I thought the ending in the novel was kind of lame. I liked the "changed" ending in the movie better. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big comic fan, but I find so many comic writers don't "end" their stories well sometimes, and Watchmen's ending just didn't work for me personally. I know I might get some heat for this, but I'm picky about my comics. I still think Alan Moore is a good writer and he's grown on me quite a bit over the years, but I'm picky about the way a comic ends once I get involved with the characters.

Anyway, I brought a coworker to the movie who had never read the comic and she still loved the movie as well.

I have to admit though, I still enjoyed The Dark Knight. I thought Heath Ledger was excellent as Joker. But that movie created quite a divide. Most folks seem to love or hate it.

If nothing else, as a comic fan, I am happy to see more comics being adapted to the big screen. I enjoy seeing different director's "visions" of comic movies. For example, I loved Sin City and 300. I'm looking forward to the next Sin City movies.

I also recently saw Frank Miller's movie version The Shadow. It "looked" good, but it was kind of lacking in some areas. It was kind of slow in too many areas. It could have been better if the editing had been tweeked a bit. But it was ok. Although Frank Miller should probably stick to comic books instead of movie direction.