View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 10:46 AM   #3163
Sage
Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
Some people are just compatible with each other, and others just aren't. If you think a relationship with these people is something you'd value, then by all means go for it. But if you feel like you're not going anywhere with them, then stop. The more you push yourself to be friends with people you're incompatible with, the more frustrated and confused you'll get. So don't. Which is no reason to not start off on the right foot- it might take a little bit to figure out if there's any "friendship potential" there or not.

So, my answer is "You're looking in the wrong places." Don't be angry at yourself, and don't be angry at anyone else. People just are who they are, and despite what you may have seen on TV not everyone should be friends with everyone.
Agreed 100%!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoriartyL View Post
Actually, just today I was having a conversation with someone who's a really nice guy. He kept getting annoyed at me for asserting my opinions too strongly, so I switched topics, showed more stubborn curiosity than he apparently wanted me to show about that topic, and he called me a "jerk". Which threw me off guard, because I thought there was potential there for a pleasant conversation. But there really wasn't any common ground. The way I have conversations isn't often compatible with how other people have conversations. (I tend to find the usual chitchat extremely dull.)

Edit: Just so you know, I do have friends. There are rare people who I very much enjoy spending time with, where we can think on similar wavelengths. In my case that's people with very specific interests. People who feel very strongly toward anything are people I've got a common language with.
Just out of curiosity, are you familiar with Asperger Syndrome?

Share the love.

<3