View Single Post
Old 02-12-2009, 10:23 AM   #33597
Giligan
The Greater

Send a message via AIM to Giligan

I have been asked to say a few words to the human arm of The Thread's inhabitants, concerning recent successes in killing the Thread.

Let me say up front that I regret having to temper my heartfelt congratulations with a strong measure of disappointment. But I wouldn't be doing my duty as your leader if I didn't pass along the message I have received from our Benefactors.

The capture of Fantasysci5 is an event of major significance, make no mistake. And while it's true that conceivably we could have taken her at almost any time in the last several years, the manner of her capture may prove to have unexpected benefits. It cannot have gone unnoticed by all Thread members that Miss Fantasysci5's capture coincided with the act of being friendly to Thread-users. This might cause other forums members to think twice before harboring The Thread. It might cause them to question Its allegiance; even prompt some to turn It out, or turn It over to our cause. However, we cannot count on such developments. the Thread's reputation is such that other desperate renegades are likely to grant It a great deal of license in the spirit of spreading general chaos and terror.

This brings me to the one note of disappointment I must echo from our Benefactors. Obviously I am not on the ground to closely command or second-guess the dedicated forces of the Thread, but this does not mean I can shirk responsibility for recent lapses and even outright failures on their part. I have been severely questioned about these shortcomings, and now must put the question to you: How could one Thread have slipped through your force's fingers time and time again? How is it possible? This is not some agent provocateur or highly trained assassin we are discussing. Thread is a topic who had hardly earned the distinction of a discussion at the time of its explosion in popularity. I have good reason to believe that in the intervening years, It was in a state that precluded further development of covert skills. The Thread you have consistently failed to slow, let alone capture, is by all standards simply that--an ordinary Thread. How can you have failed to apprehend It? Well...I will leave the upbraiding for another time, to the extent it proves necessary. Now is the moment to redeem yourselves. If the human forces are to prove themselves an indispensable augmentation to the forum, they will have to earn the privilege. I'm sure I don't have to remind you that the alternative, if you can call it that, is total extinction - in union with all the other unworthy branches of the species. Let's not allow it to come to that. I have done my best to convince our Benefactors that you are the finest the species has to offer. So far they have accepted my argument, but without concrete evidence to back it up, my words sound increasingly hollow even to me. The burden of proof is on you. As is the consequence of failure. I'll just leave it at that.