View Single Post
Old 02-02-2009, 06:10 PM   #12
D.C.

Thanks for the kind words. After considering it some more I think you guys are right, the first one is more interesting. I think I liked the framing of the London Eye against the backdrop in the second one, but the first is just a generally stronger picture.

Andrea: I'm glad I'm not the only one with the severe Lizard phobia.

tsa: Hmmm, the official website says it's 135 metres. Greatest view in London, though. (Although a local probably knows somewhere better and less expensive. ) Can't wait to see what else you've got, seems you're quite the photographer.

I took a photography class at Uni in '06. This was the first time I actually got my hands on a really nice camera, instead of just a standard digital one. Unfortunately I only had it booked for two days, so didn't have nearly enough time to learn it properly.

I kinda like this shot. It's an old bridge near where I live. Back in the day it used to be the only way to get to the other side. (Now there's two modern multi-lane bridges, which you can't see...) It kind of reminds me of another time. People fish off the side now and it's closed for cars. Very flimsy and scary to walk across. I was going to submit it with washed out, faded colours but ended up just submitting this instead. (I can show you guys the photoshopped version if you're interested, but I don't want to be that guy who posts two versions of the same picture every time. )