View Single Post
Old 01-26-2009, 11:45 AM   #3409
Lucien21
Psychonaut

Nick & Nora's Infinite Playlist

Quote:
Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist is a comedy about two people thrust together for one hilarious, sleepless night of adventure in a world of mix tapes, late-night living, and, live, loud music. Nick (Michael Cera) frequents New York's indie rock scene nursing a broken heart and a vague ability to play the bass. Norah (Kat Dennings) is questioning pretty much all of her assumptions about the world. Though they have nothing in common except for their taste in music, their chance encounter leads to an all-night quest to find a legendary band's secret show and ends up becoming the first date in a romance that could change both their lives
As Rom-com's go this is pretty good. It plays like a teenage "Before Sunrise" where 2 young people spend a whole evening together hunting for a band and slowly fall for each other. The plot is pretty predictable and certainly won't come as a surprise, but the 2 leads are charming and sweet in the roles (Cera's bunny in the headlights acting seems to fit her just like it did in Juno, but he is in danger of being a one trick pony) and they are believable as a cute couple.

The highlight of the film for me though is the music, it full of cool music references and indie songs. I loved the soundtrack.

8/10