Thread: My Students
View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 09:51 AM   #6
Jazhara7
Ale! And keep 'em coming!

The flags by the kids are so adorable. And having already drawn the Canadian and the UK flag, I can't shake the feeling the kids will feel terribly underchallenged with the German flag. (By the way, I just realised one thing you can say about the German flag. I am not sure if I mentioned it in my letter, so I'm going to say it here: The German flag is called "Black-Red-Gold", not "Black-Red-Yellow". The colours might be the latter, but the *NAME* is "Black-Red-Gold". Calling it "Black-Red-Yellow" is considered an offence since it was in the past often used to ridicule the flag [also during the Nazi times, when they reverted to the old Red White and Black colour scheme]. Just a bit of trivia you can tell the kids [though I guess you might want to leave out the Nazi bit. Not saying that they should never learn about that, but I think they might be a wee bit young for that yet.].).

I think I might actually have mentioned the correct name in the letter, actually...but just making sure here.

Can't wait to see them reach Germany. ^_^ Home of possibly the largest variety of bread types available (500-600 different types, though some say it's at least 1000)! ...Darn, I just realised I should have sent you a "Bernd das Brot" ["Bernd the Bread"] Plushie too. But now it's too late, right? (Why do I only get these great ideas after I've sent my stuff ages ago. )

-

>>>Inventor of the Mail order-Assassin<<<

And *This*...is a Black Hole - BYE!

Last edited by Jazhara7; 01-22-2009 at 10:03 AM.