View Single Post
Old 01-05-2009, 01:12 PM   #6
veruncheek

Default CD 1 - Schmidt - Cath conversations

VARIOUS CUTSCENES YOU MIGHT HAVE MISSED
spoilers included

CD1: CATH - AUGUST SCHMIDT conversations

- you can ask both conductors (oh, so many things on my mind... when talking about conductors, you can try to go to Kronos´ private car, when René is in his possition, it will give you another fine cutscene), where is compartment 1, well, you do not believe them, let´s go ask another person :-) see below:

-> you can go right to August Schmidt (in Dining Car) after the beginning of the game, still as Robert Cath

-> you can let Schmidt have a nice waiting for you to come, so wait (now in disguise) in your compartment, conductor will tell you Schmidt is waiting for you; if you do not go there, Schmidt will come to you or you can go to his compartment... You can wait until he is "outpinning" his compliments to Anna Wolff in Dining Car and pop in, which will give you another funny cutscene, which is different from the one you are used to...

CD1: CATH - ANNA WOLFF conversations

- first you can catch her coming for dinner in the corridor, ask her for light
- then you can try to dine with her
- showing her scarf: there are many possibilities, she reacts differently if you were introduced by Schmidt or if you weren´t (you can ask her 2 times and in 3 places)
- "Are you reading about Madame Caillaux?" scene has also 2 versions depending on /not/ introducing

CD2: CATH - AUGUST SCHMIDT conversations

- after you wake up, go to the Dining Car, you´ll se Tatiana, you can talk to her, but talk to Schmidt first, he is sitting on Anna Wolff´s spot
- when time for lunch, go check the Dining Car to see Schmidt sitting on his spot, waiting... you can talk to him again
- then there are few "do not bother me" answers from him, when you try to talk to him - in, for him, not very proper time

CD2: THE EGG / SEARCHING conversations

- you can be caught by Tatiana, if you try to go through her compartment, while she is nearby
- you can be also asked by conductor what were you doing there, if he is nearby at the time
- you can show the Egg to François during the concert
- you can get caught (without the Egg, of course) in Anna´s compartment, after she goes back from the concert
- try to give the Egg to August after the concert

00000 EASTER EGGS 000000

CD 1, 2, 3: While in your compartment, go to the bathroom and click on the glasses on the right, now you can see it closer. Click by "inactive cursor" on the brim of the upper glass and you will see.

CD 2: When in August Schmidt's compartment, open his suitcase. You see photos. Click on them

CD 1, 2: ??? There is one more Easter Egg I was not able to open, so if you can try it, I will be glad. It is at the trainmaster´s office, behind the red curtain. When he is gone, check his documents. It is boring, small letters, in French, but somewhere there should be that Easter Egg, I know what it is, but do not want to spoil it for you. But as I say, I was not able to see it in game, but I am pretty sure it is there... ???

CD3: CATH - AUGUST conversation

- I am sure most of you enjoyed this scene, but for sure: before you go to sleep, be sure to check drunk August in the Smoking Car

CD3: CATH - ANNA conversation

There are 3 possibilities of cutscene with Anna after you win the fist fight against one of Serbs:

1. they kiss and Anna goes to stop the train

2. they quarel, Cath explains both she and Schmidt were set up and Anna goes to stop the train, with Cath saying: "Anna, wait"

3. Cath says "it doesn´t matter" and Anna goes to stop the train - this is the shortes cutscene from these three

It depends what you do in her compartment, I guess. In The Official Strategy Guide there is a mention about first 2 possibilities... If you read a letter in her drawer, you get the second option, I guess. If you don´t, you get the first. Well, I can say that I read the letter and also got caught in her compartment and strangely enough I got 3rd option. For the first time after so many replays...

LOSING SCENES

CD 1

1. Meet August too early, before taking on Tyler´s identity.
2. Milos or conductor see the body.
3. You are seen in blood-stained jacket.
4. You are discovered by police.

CD 2

1. You give the Egg to Kronos.
2. You don´t show money to August.
3. You don´t return the suitcase to Kronos.
4. You go to the Baggage Car too late and see Anna murdered.
5. Trainmaster finds Anna murdered.

CD 3

1. You do not manage to take Alexei´s bomb from his suitcase.
2. After the real nightmare you go to chat with Abbot.
3. You do not detach sleeping cars and try to go on the journey.
4. You obey Kronos´ order and close the Egg.

Last edited by veruncheek; 01-07-2009 at 12:20 PM.