View Single Post
Old 12-29-2008, 03:43 AM   #11
AndreaDraco83

Send a message via MSN to AndreaDraco83

I changed the title of the thread to incorporate my final impressions, since yesterday I finished it.

At times way too exaggerated for my taste, and at other times to much reliant on low (repetitive) humor - I'm thinking particularly of Klavier Gavin and his obsession with "rock" - Apollo Justice, in the end, conquered me. If it's true that some minor characters are really flat, it's also true that the main character are greatly depicted and the fact that they evolve during the game gives the player a strong felling of connection, a connection I don't feel very often with recent adventure games (the old Sierra series and a little bunch of other titles, like Syberia or Dreamfall, are in class of their own).

Now, if the three original game are even better than this one, I definitely can't wait to play them (and the first one should arrive today )

A quick note on the end of Apollo Justice:

Spoiler:
When I discovered that Thalassa Gramayre was not only the long lost mother of Apollo and Trucy but also Lamiroir, the DS almost fell off my hand - I was so shocked: I totally didn't see that coming!
Top Ten Adventures: Gabriel Knight Series, King's Quest VI, Conquests of the Longbow, Quest for Glory II, Police Quest III, Gold Rush!, Leisure Suit Larry III, Under a Killing Moon, Conquests of Camelot, Freddy Pharkas Frontier Pharmacist.

Now Playing: Neverwinter Nights, Professor Layton and the Diabolical Box