View Single Post
Old 12-22-2008, 12:25 AM   #18
orient

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ince View Post
I did some work on this version (mostly because I know the game so well) but I didn't really have anything to do with the new parts of the story.
Cool, thanks for the info, Steve

I, too am of the opinion that DS is the best console for point and click titles, with the only down side being cart space (I think DS games are generally 1 gigabit - 128 megabytes). Wii seems like a great place to play point and click games at first, and I'm a believer that adventure games should be shooting for that casual market (missed opportunity so far), but I honestly don't think that actually pointing at what you want to interact with is all that comfortable. In games like Broken Sword, it can be only a matter of millimeters between one object and the next, which is no problem with a mouse or even the DS' stylus, but with the Wii it can be a bit more finicky -- still highly playable, just less ideal than it may seem.

So yes, I guess I'm excited for the Wii version due to the new, higher-res graphics (the items look nice in the screenshot, and hopefully the game will support 480p and widescreen) but the DS version will be more practical for me and probably more comfortable to play, too.