Bad Influence

Send a message via Yahoo to Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlpw View Post
Jazzikins you look great!
Indeed! Very flattering, Jaz.

Quote:
My 16 yr old is envious of your hair color. Her school will not allow "unnatural" hair color,
I can help with that one! Get your daughter to ask if that particular rule applies to faculty as well as students. If it does (and it always does), then all she has to do is point out the sextogenarian teacher with the "blue rinse"-blue hair (every school has at least one) as being in violation of that rule. Ta-daaa!

Quote:
black or purple nails,
No black or purple nails? Okay, black I can kind of understand because black nail polish is usually seriously crappy nail polish which won't go on evenly, won't cover worth a flip, and begins chipping off within 24 hours of application.
But what's wrong with purple nail polish? It's a heckuva lot more attractive and currently fashionable than red or (God forbid!) pink nail polish.

Quote:
skulls on their clothes larger than a fist,
Ugh... the things high school administrators come up with to fixate on and obsess over. So forty slightly-smaller-than-fist-sized skulls on an article of clothing are fine, but one big one on an article of clothing is a "bad thing"?

Quote:
or pictures of weapons on anything.
That one I can sort of understand, even though I personally think that particular genii has long since been let out of his bottle.

Sorry to hijack the thread with this rant, but I just had a major flashback to some of the stupid dress code rules we had when I was in high school.

Share the love.

<3