View Single Post
Old 11-27-2008, 04:03 AM   #167
JohnGreenArt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
I've got $5.36 cents. Get to work!

(seriously, though, I don't know why you don't go commercial with this, or at least shareware, but I admire the commitment)
Going commercial can mean a bunch of things, though. Look at how long it took Bill Tiller and Ron Gilbert to find people who'd put up money to finance their games.

If I was to self-publish, or even have a smaller publisher put out the game for commercial purposes, I'd still be in the same boat I am now. I wouldn't see any money until the game is done.

There actually have been a few companies who've said they might be interested in publishing the game once it's done, the operative word here being "might".

There are other factors: I don't really have the time to try and push the game on publishers, and if one did want to publish it I'm not sure if I'd be able to deliver it 100%. By that I mean in terms of the engine/software. The engine isn't perfect, and I can't fix this bugs, just try to jury rig it so the game plays to my satisfaction. If a publisher said "we love it, just make the player able to turn on/off subtitles" I would not be able to accommodate that.

But hey, if there are publishers out there who wanna talk, send 'em my way.