View Single Post
Old 11-24-2008, 03:42 PM   #9
CrimsonBlue

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries323 View Post
As to your complaint about the 'hey, we need to save the universe and we need to do it NOW and ASAP' and then you can just dabble around the galaxy doing whatever you want believe me when I say all Bioware's games have had that -ehm- quality? or that design.

In BG2 you had to rescue Imoen, and save your love, but no, no time limit there. Take as long as you long to do some other stuff - and when you feel like it you can resue Imoen. Or investigate the reason behind some strange disturbances in the mines of Nashkell (Baldur's Gate 1)
I feel this is one of the strengths in RPGs. Take your own time and continue on the main story whenever you feel like it - it's a game after all. Not everything has to make sense. That's why I got into games in the first place, they're completely different from reality. Nobody questioned why Super Mario could jump four times as high as his own height, or why he had to jump on turtles, bird, skeletons etc. Also, why does it take several hits from a melee weapon like a sword, mace or club, or several hits from a gun or any kind of projectile weapon to take an enemy down, or even die yourself? Surely, one hit to the head ought to be enough.

Things like that makes the games just that... games. Who cares if it's realistic? Games should be fun, and if that's what makes it fun, then so be it.