View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 06:11 AM   #736
DustyShinigami
The Quiet One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crunchy in milk View Post
I also didn't find companion cube love. It lasts one quick level and you never do anything with it you haven't done already with other cubes.
Yeah, i don't understand all the love some people have for the companion cube. I mean... it's just a cube with hearts on all sides. It doesn't speak, it has no personality and it's not even remotely cute.

Anyway...

LEGO Indiana Jones - The Original Adventures

Finally got round to finishing this game. It's good, but not great like some reviews/game sites would lead you to believe. Whilst its style is cute and funny at times, the gameplay just feels repetitive to me and the 'fun factor' eventually disappeared. Breaking loads of objects and getting loads of studs certainly wore a bit thin after a bit. Also a bit irritating when you've collected loads of them and get killed over again. Either by enemies, with a few hits (one when a rocket launcher is involved ), or by accidentally falling down a pit because of a miss-timed jump. Not to mention your other character standing in the way, causing you to fall again.
The game does keep pretty faithful to the movies, which is good. The humour is there, which is appropriate for kids or even adults (depending on your sense of humour) and for a game that's all about LEGO. The achievements are easy to get (always a bonus to me ), entertaining uses of LEGO in the game world, collecting/finding all the secrets was kinda fun, especially after finishing the game and unlocking certain characters from the movies. I liked being able to use specific characters and using their abilities, although disappointing that i couldn't choose all the characters i wanted to take with me. Only 1 or 2 could be chosen whilst the others were chosen for you. Finding all the secrets did take me longer than it ought to have done. But then that was down to me constantly loosing interest.

Playing a kids game like this really reminded me why i much prefer more adult-themed games (esp. on the 360). If this game was around when i was much younger, i would have loved it to bits (no pun intended). I loved LEGO and i always hoped that an action/adventure game or movie would be made involving it. Unfortunately i've grown up a lot since then so the idea of a LEGO game wasn't as exciting as it probably would've been back then. But hell, it's Indiana Jones and i have fond memories of the movies and playing with LEGO. I am, however, more interested in the next Indy game though. It should be more like the movies and have a more serious tone, which i prefer when it comes to Indiana Jones.

Overall: good

3.5/5
Now Playing: Broken Sword: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut (DS and iPhone), DOOM 3: Resurrection of Evil, Hotel Dusk: Room 215, Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Justice for All, Silent Hill - HD Collection
Recently Completed: Max Payne, Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne
Next: Bayonetta, Devil May Cry - HD Collection, Max Payne 3, Metal Gear Solid - HD Collection, Silent Hill: Downpour