View Single Post
Old 11-19-2008, 01:22 AM   #735
Crunchy in milk
delusions of adequacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rayvielle View Post
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attourney
And as for Edgeworth? The evolution of his character throughout the game just burned down the battery on my DS.
The first 3 PW's on DS are gems. Apollo isn't anywhere near as good but if you must play a PW style game I guess it'll do until... Perfect Prosecutor comes out. I'm looking forward to playing as Edgy. Even if I'm not a complete queen, into purple and frills I'll be fun to play one.

I think the strength of the earlier PW's is its a great platform for ship to ship warfare, much like Harry Potter in that respect too I guess. You can never tell who goes with who even after three whole games and such a dramatic and over the top story arc, but that's because the writers embrace that aspect and have fun with it.

----

Contributing to the thread:

I just finished Portal.

It took me about 3 hours. I was racing to find the much lauded story line and a new romantic interest in a metal cube with a heart on it. But I didn't find either. Its a fun if not entirely original concept that didn't flesh out, like ever.

I never learned much about the scientists, just finding empty rooms and the same slideshow twice, and most telling I never learned who was leaving the scribbled wall notes or when, or why. I also didn't find companion cube love. It lasts one quick level and you never do anything with it you haven't done already with other cubes.

I love the mechanics, I really ate up the flash version and am looking forward to the challenges and extra 'just puzzles' levels. It was also pleasant to read that 'Portal 2' won't just be more levels but will further the story. Its a shame I missed out on the website content completely, now it just runs a looping holiday video feed from years ago.

I sound like I had a meh time but I really didn't, it brought back a LOT of fond memories from my Teamfortress days (for quakeworld, not that half-life(1) abomination version). There used to be a server at my old ISP that just cycled training maps for TF classes to teach cuss jumping, grenade jumping, rocket jumping, pipe jumping, bunny hopping etc. Good times.