View Single Post
Old 11-16-2008, 04:26 AM   #9
AFGNCAAP
Dungeon Master

But as the original poster said repeatedly, the game refuses to even try to start with the virtual machine running. We don't know how well would it emulate the PC in this case. This is a preventive measure which must have been consciously put there by someone (whether developer, publisher or retailer), so I don't suppose it's too much to ask to be told about it by the respective someone before you buy the game.

Moreover, I honestly don't see what does anyone benefit from such a restriction. A couple of years back, there was a small uproar with Sims 2 (?) refusing to work if the game detected a CD burning software installed. This was equally annoying, but at least you could see some sort of twisted logic in it on the publisher's side ("If someone insists on having a usable CD burner, they must be a pirate!"). But why would I want to forbid players with VMs to play my game? Honest question.

(A propos nothing, my computer has just crashed on me and when I restarted it, nothing I had written up to that point in the message box was lost. If it has something to do with a forum software update, cheers to everyone responsible. )