View Single Post
Old 10-19-2008, 03:35 AM   #20
colpet
Easily amused

Quote:
You guys will have finished this game before I even leave the temple.
Part of my marathon playing has to do with the glitch that occured at the beginning. I'm playing this on my Win98. After finishing the Temple, the game froze. By the time I got it sorted out, I lost my 2 virtual drives, one of which had the game on it. Luckily my C drive is still functional, so I'm playing the game on that. At some point, I'm going to have to surrender the tower to my guru. Hopefully, he still remembers enough to fix it.
I know I can play it on my XP, but I'm loathe to fiddle with it. I like the simplicity of load and go.

About the game:
I like how the story starts to unfold At first at the Temple, there's these 4 people who were brutally murdered. As you visit their domains, you find out different layers to the story, and start to see that they weren't very nice. It says a lot about the level of intricacy and detail in the game, that you can visit each of these 4 places in any order, and still feel like the game flows smoothly.
Because of my inopportune reinstall, I found out something interesting.
When I first played, I got the Earth, Water, Fire, then Air. Everythime you get an element, the person associated with it comes back to life for a bit and tells part of their story. When you get the last element, the Nemesis shows up to try and thwart you, so you miss the last person's testimony. When I had to replay it, I did them in a different order, and had a chance to hear Malveaux say that Alexandria was his daughter.