View Single Post
Old 10-07-2008, 04:55 AM   #20
Ascovel
Spoonbeaks say Ahoy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBird View Post
I tested the game with english subs and german voice-acting... two things, that I didn't like:

First: The "Flower Vendor???" It's "Flower-seller" in the original game. Please try to be more specific with the translations. And the flower-seller said "That's right, you will" in the original game when quitting the conversation. not "Yes, we will certainly". This is annoying, because it refers to the certain sentence in the original game, and the sentence it's not correct.

Second: When George thought something in the original Broken Sword, he expressed it in imperfect, like this: "I found a..." And in this game, George expresses it in precence: "I find a..." It was really annoying.
Boy, you are nit-picky. There are far bigger inconsistencies with the previous games. For example Nico told in BS1 that she was raised only by her father and didn't have any contact with her mother. Here we learn that her mother died 2 years ago and this was some big event in her life. Also, a character blown to bits at the end of BS1 returns here in full health. Even in BS3, as crazy as it sometimes was, they've brought back only the guy's partner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonBird View Post
I understand that original voice-actors are impossible to use, but it would be nice to have character voices at least as close as possible.
They are amazingly close. That's the most impressive thing about the game in my opinion. Oh, you didn't play the German version of Broken Sword, did you? Take my word for it then.