Thread: Too much crime
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
badmojo
Adventure Addict

Default Too much crime

Is anyone else just the slightest bit annoyed by the whodunit/crime/investigative "adventure" games saturating the market lately? Ever since shows like CSI made it big on TV, its been almost nothing but games like it trying to profit off the success. One one hand, it's great that something out there is bringing adventure gaming into the spotlight.. but on the other hand, those of us who are veterans of the genre are seeing much of the same, time and time again.

I come around here every month or two to check the release dates section and just about every time I do, it's either crime or comedy (two of my least favorite AG styles).

I miss games like Syberia, TLJ/Dreamfall, Sanitarium, Bad Mojo, Broken Sword, etc. that stand on their own two feet and exist just to tell you a great story.

I don't know.. I guess I just needed to blow off some steam, but I'm sick of these cookie-cutter titles being released.

Anyhow.. based on the games I mentioned.. is there anything for me to look forward to? I glanced at the hype-o-meter and there's just a couple that look even remotely interesting to me. It's been pretty uneventful this year.

Last edited by badmojo; 10-05-2008 at 08:32 PM.