View Single Post
Old 09-27-2008, 07:47 AM   #30
Lee in Limbo
It's Hard To Be Humble

Personally, I'm not surprised to see that most of the AG posters who voted said they wouldn't buy a game based on that cover art. We've got people here who have bought AGs dating back a good twenty five years, and most of those covers, did not include scantily-clad models (of either sex). There may have been attractive men and/or women on the covers, but rarely have they gone for the obvious sexuality of the European Mata Hari cover.

I think modern AGs are sexualized enough without adding a cheesecake cover like this. I know I'm rarely in the majority on this forum, but it seems that most of us would rather she go put some clothes on. I don't know if that says something about how liberal we are around here, or if it really does indicate an overwhelming majority of us possessing better taste than the art director who commissioned that cover.

Fortunately for the devs, most of us are already interested in the game for other reasons. Still, if we hadn't heard about the game before seeing the cover, it would be a tough sell, and I consider that a technical fail.